We Have Farm Shares Available for 2017!
$400 a FULL SHARE (sorry, we don’t do halves), onsite pick-up only
$100 deposit due at sign-up, remaining balance to be paid by July 1, 2017
- 1 large, free-ranged young turkey, ready before Thanksgiving
- 5 fresh, young chickens (weighed and packaged for freezer)
- fresh large-jumbo size eggs from free–range chickens
- 1/2 gallon of our best Maple Syrup (in your choice of containers)
- Fresh fruits and veggies from May-October
- 1 giant pumpkin (subject to growing season)
- wild summer and fall mushrooms (mostly meadow mushrooms and puffballs, but also oysters)
- Access to trails through woods and fields for biking or hiking
This is NOT your typical CSA. It’s not just about FRESH FOOD, it’s about making food FUN and delicious with exciting, heirloom varieties!
Make it a family-day “get-away” each week! Take a nature walk on one of our many trails throughout the property. Pick-out your turkey, and hand feed it each week. Bring your bikes and hop onto the White Pine biking trail just a block from our house and ride into town for Ice Cream.
All animals are fed free of antibiotics, drugs, growth hormones or any other nasty thing.
ALL SEEDS ARE NON-GMO. Live plants such as potato, strawberry and blueberry are not.
All veggies and fruits are organically raised, chemical-free!
HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR TASTY VEGGIES TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Tomatoes in rainbows of colors
- Beans in a rainbow of colors
– Carrots in yellow, purple and white
- Exciting varieties of melons
- Fun and tasty varieties of lettuce and greens
All varieties and plants grown are carefully selected to be both fun and nutritious, so you won’t have to worry about trying to convince your kids to eat foods you yourself don’t even really know how to cook!
Why buy farm shares if you won’t use half of what’s grown?
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS YEAR:
-peas (sugar and snow)
-beans: yellow, green and red
-lettuces: butter crunch, romaine, spinach, orach
-tomatoes: red, yellow, green, tie-dye and cherry
-Sweet Peppers: Red, Green and yellow, plus snack-size
-Hot Pepper: Carolina Reaper (hottest on earth)
-Cucumbers: slicing and pickling types
-Carrots: purple, white and yellow
-Muskmellon (several rare and delicious varieties)